Layne has been an adjuster since 1999. He became an independent adjuster in 2001. Throughout his career, Layne has gained experience handling claims in the following areas: Mining, Course of Construction, Manufacturing, Boiler Machinery and Business Interruption.
Layne joined MGB after 7 years at a multinational adjusting company. Layne is an Executive General Adjuster specializing in commercial and industrial property claims. Layne graduated from Wilfred Laurier University and began his insurance career in 1999 with Royal and SunAlliance.
Example of these types of files include:
- Rock Burst Damages in a copper mine
- Hurricane Damage to Casino
- Explosion at a lithium recycling plant
- Tornado damage to an auto parts manufacturing facility
- Water main break and extensive water damage to plastics manufacturing facility
- Fire in an auto parts manufacturing facility
Along with his Degree from Wilfred Laurier University, Layne is a Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP) as accredited by the Insurance Institute of Canada. He also maintains a Canadian Risk Management designation (CRM).