Ian began his insurance career in 2003 with a multinational firm and has worked in both Canada and the United States. He has handled large and complex losses throughout North America, specializing on film, entertainment and contingency claims, as well as commercial property losses Ian has worked several CAT losses in the Caribbean, England and North America.
Ian’s areas of expertise include:
- Film and Television Production
- Contingency/Prize Indemnity/Cancellation
- Commercial Property
- Boiler and Machinery
- Builders' Risk
Examples of these types of files include:
- Production loss with equipment, props and interruption - $2 million
- Production interruption loss - $750,000
- Production equipment loss - $500,000
- Faulty footage loss - $250,000
- Fire at golf course - $1.4 million
- Prize indemnity, tennis shot - $1 million
- Water damages at commercial office tower - $1.5 million
Ian graduated from Queen’s University with an Honours Bachelor of Commerce degree. He is a Certified Insurance Professional (CIP), a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator and a Licensed Independent Adjuster in all lines. Ian hold adjuster’s licenses in both Canada and the United States.
Ian has been a member of the North American Contingency Association for seven years and is currently serving as the co-president of the organization for the 2013/2014 year.